It’s crazy how easy it is to give advice to others but then never follow it ourselves.
For years, I’ve been recommending that people just start producing content. However they can, in whatever form they can.
But I never really did anything.
So here goes.
Much Ado About Nothing
This article will eventually be turned into a proper About page. For now it’ll serve as a jumping off point for what’s to come, as well as a repository for some of my other online content.
This site is built using React on the Gatsby.js framework. I’m using a theme called Novela (
@narative/gatsby-theme-novela). Novela is built by the team at Narative. Novela has a lot of nice touches that make it easy to get started with so I don’t have to do much fiddling for a while.
I struggled for a long time trying to decide if I should use a template or go fully from scratch. As a developer, I felt like I needed to build it from scratch. But the problem is, I was spending too much time with setup and the early stages that I never had a functioning site, so I never had a place to write.
And that just wasn’t going to work.
But why not WordPress or something more common?
Well this way, I am still able to test and try things on a modern framework. I had originally wanted to dive into Vue.js, but found Gatsby and loved it. The tech, the team, the community. And that’s how I stumbled into React.
What To Expect
I am a developer. But there are a lot of developers better than myself. So I’ll share the things that I’m learning to hopefully help the developers coming behind me.
At the very least, I’ll get better at articulating so I can be more helpful in the future.
I am also a product enthusiast. I love keeping up with the latest and greatest in tools and technology. I’m an avid Apple user, so my content will generally be tilted a bit in that direction. But since so much is web-based these days, that shouldn’t be much of an issue.
A Little History
2018 - Present
Developer at IMPACT
2016 - 2018
Founder of Atomic Digital
2012 - 2016
Marketing, Financial, Supply Chain Analyst at Tenaris
2008 - 2012
Student at Texas A&M University
If you’re interested in some of the sales and marketing technology articles I’ve published with IMPACT, those are below.
- 4 Mic-Dropping Tools to Improve Your Video, Audio, Data Privacy, & Social Efforts
- LuckyOrange Review: The Best Heat Map Tool in 2019
- Supercharge Your Website’s Relevance With RightMessage’s Powerful Segmentation Engine
- 4 Early Stage Marketing Tools With Huge Business Potential
- 5 Huge Marketing Tool Updates You Need to Know for 2019
- A Guided Tour of MessagePath with CEO Will Murphy
- 4 Marketing Tools That Will Speed Up Your Workflow
- 4 Marketing Tools That Will Make Your Work Easier
- 6 Amazing Marketing Tools You Haven’t Heard Of Yet
- 5 Ways Marketers Can Improve Page Load Time on Their Website
- How Redefining Inbound is Changing the Way I View Website Design